WHO WE ARE:
Gloucestershire Outdoor Group is a social walking group which offers walks, weekends away and a wide range of other outdoor activities. Our members are people who like to be part of and contribute to a social group.
Members are expected to offer events on the programme for all to enjoy and we have plan the programme every three months
WHAT WE DO:
Our activities are organised to fit around working commitments. Events include weekend and weekday walks, and weekends to cottages, bunkhouses and camping in the Summer months. On Summer evenings we also have shorter walks. The group has also been known to venture off on walking trips to Europe, organised by individuals.
The group was started in 1952 and currently has over 100 members.
When walking with the group you will simply need suitable kit and sufficient food and drink for the type of walk and weather conditions. If in doubt the walk organiser will be able to advise.
HOW TO JOIN:
Click on the JOIN US page for details
Please note that members cannot log in to the website via the login box. This is just for website administration.
Programme highlights for 2021-2
See the Calendar for more details.
- Sunday and mid-week Walks-There is a full programme of weekend walks which are generally 8 to 12 miles. The walk leaders have chosen a wide variety of routes around Gloucestershire and further afield. We also have a few weekday walks.
- Weekends away-We have a number of weekends in the planning stage. The first is in January 2022
- Thursday evening walks-Starting after work, these walks will begin just after Easter are around 4-6 miles in length often finishing with a drink in a local pub.
- Social events - cinema, films, meals out, night walks, theatre trips and more!
- Outdoor events - archery, map reading and navigation, cycling, horse riding, camping and paddle boarding.